Flight Shop, the leisure brand of Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG), Australia, in India, opened its first retail store in Surat and second franchise outlet, after Hyderabad. Spread over 1100 sq. ft., the Flight Shop outlet in Surat aims at catering to the needs of up market urban consumers – families, business travellers, honeymoon couples and groups of travellers. The new retail outlet will offer travellers Flight Shop’s range of products and services – Domestic and International Flights, Customized and Group Holidays, Hotels, Car Transfers, Visa, Cruise holidays, Honeymoon holidays, Adventure holidays and more. Continue reading
The company introduced the natural juice and smoothies bar concept in India through a master franchise agreement with NatureU Enterprises, which currently operates 14 stores in Delhi-NCR and Mumbai. Continue reading
Zone8 Tea World Pvt Ltd that runs Tea Trails brand cafes in the country is expanding fast and aims to be present pan India in coming period. Chennai is the latest city where it has forayed. Continue reading
Lite Bite Foods Ltd, promoted by Dabur scion and entrepreneur Rohit Aggarwal, has inked an agreement with Florida-based QSR chain Burger King Inc to set up the latter’s stores in airports and other travel retail platforms. Continue reading
Ethnic women wear brand Soch sees 2016 year optimistically as it hopes to set up 35 to 40 more outlets next year in India. Of these total stores, 20-25 will be opened through the franchise mode. Continue reading
Buffalo Wild Wings®, Inc. will now reach the sports hungry fans in India with the successful signing of a 15-location exclusive development agreement with Mirchi Group for the entire South India region. The franchisee – Mirchi Group – has committed to open the first Indian Buffalo Wild Wings in Hyderabad and Bengaluru within the next 12 months. After the launch of the flagship location, the franchisee will open multiple BWW restaurants across South India within the next 7 years. “We are very excited to be working with Mirchi Group and bringing the Buffalo Wild Wings experience to India. We look forward to becoming a part of this dynamic Indian community,” said Tim Murphy, Vice President of International for Buffalo Wild Wings. Mr.Sam Reddy – CEO of Mirchi Group said that “we do strongly believe in the BWW mantra of Wings, Beer and Sports. The Buffalo Wild Wings franchise will be amazingly Continue reading
Charoen Pokphand Foods (CP Foods) is looking forward to open 100 to 150 Five Star Chicken outlets in India by the year end via the franchise route. The brand says 10 % of its total outlets are company-run while the remaining 90 % are operated by its franchisees.
With a production and processing facility at Budigere near Bengaluru, Five Star Chicken has 265 outlets in India across Bangalore, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Goa and Hyderabad. Continue reading
Hyderabad-based pharmacy retail chain MedPlus, which entered the Gujarat market with eleven stores, plans to take the franchise route to expand its outlets to touch 10,000 by FY19. The company had been following a company-owned-company-operated (CO-CO) format so far and operates 1,230 stores across twelve states in the country at the moment. Continue reading
Puma, the global brand known for its lifestyle sports apparel and shoes, is looking to strengthen its position in India. It is eyeing the top slot in the segment via a nationwide network expansion as well as the launch of its global brands pitched at the Indian sports enthusiast. Abhishek Ganguly, the new managing director of PUMA India, is looking to reposition the brand in the country.
“We are in process of creating a strong brand awareness through various marketing and product launch initiative,” Ganguly said. “We are bullish on India and we have seen a major shift to high end products by Indian consumers. Hence, we want to bring our global sports assets to India shortly.”
According to Ganguly, Indian consumers are ready to move into high-end technical shoes which costs Rs 10000-15,000 for daily jogging. “A few years ago, we saw the trend of buying any kind of sports shoes for jogging by Indian middle class families. Nowadays, they are more brand conscious, unable to compromise on quality and ready to pay premium for the sports shoes,” he said.
Puma will continue their investments in India by adding more stores in cities as well as Tier-II cities. “We don’t believe in setting up more stores just for the sake of expansion. We are looking select pockets,”Ganguly said, adding that the company has identified new malls coming up at Mumbai, Delhi and Hyderabad to start the new stores.